WORK TOWARD BECOMING A REGISTERED PLAY THERAPIST
3725 Coolidge Avenue, Oakland 94602
This course is designed for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, pre-licensed associates and graduate mental health students.
Boik, Barbara & Goodwin, E. Anna (2000). Sandplay Therapy : A Step-By-Step Manual For Psychotherapists Of Diverse Orientations. W. Norton & Co.;
Homeyer, L. & Sweeney, D. (2017) Sandtray Therapy: A Practical Manual. 3rd edition NY: Routledge
Karen Pernet, LSCW, RPT-S has been in practice for over 25 years, specializing in play therapy and sandtray for people of all ages. She uses her training as a Gestalt Therapist and a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) to enhance the sandtray experience. Her trainings have been described as safe, lively, encouraging, responsive to individual needs, informative, interactive and welcoming. One participant said “My experience of creating my first sandtray was one of surprise. I had no idea how deeply the activity could go with such ease.“
- After the training participants will explain how to create a personal sandtray during of a play therapy session for teens or adults
- After the training participants will be able to state “I had the opportunity to create a non-directive sandtray during the workshop and I will be able to use this modality in play therapy sessions with adults, teens and children”
- After the training participants will be able to describe how to process a non-directive sandtray during a play therapy session with teens or adults.
- After the training the participant will be able to state “I had the opportunity to practice the skill of witnessing a non-directive sandtray during the workshop and I will be able to use this in play therapy sessions with teens and adults..”
- After the training the participant will be able to state “I had the opportunity to practice the skill of processing a non-directive sandtray during the workshop and I will be able to use this in play therapy sessions with teens and adults..”
- After the training participants will be able to state at least 5 categories of miniatures that play therapists should have as part of their sandtray collection
- After the training participants will be will be able to describe at least one major difference between the way children and adults use sandtray in play therapy
- After the training participants will be able to explain the major differences between Jungian Sandplay Therapy and Sandtray Therapy.
- After the training participants will be able to list 4 questions and/or observations that play therapists can use in processing sandtrays
- After the training participants will be able to explain in what ways sandtray therapy helps a play therapy client (either child or adult) integrate the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
- After the training participants will be able to describe how the creation and exploration of personal sandtrays will help them to use this modality with children, teens and/or adults in play therapy sessions.
Continuing Education Karen E Pernet, is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, 83403, to sponsor continuing education for LMFT’S, LCSW’S, LPCC’S AND LEP’S. She maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content. Growth through Play Therapy is an approved provider for the Association for Play Therapy APT 09-241. There is no extra charge for APT CEs. Partial credit cannot be offered. This workshop and presenter have no conflict of interest in presenting this workshop, nor is there any commercial support.
To request accommodations for special needs, please email the Program Administrator at email@example.com.
To obtain the grievance policy or report a grievance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-923-0520
Course Completion certificates will be awarded at the end of the course in exchange for a completed evaluation form. Course meets the qualifications for 12 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Full refund if canceled 45 days before training, minus $50 administrative fee; after that date there will be no refund unless space is filled from the waiting list.
Contact Karen at 510-923-0520 or email@example.com