6 Seats Available
Online via Zoom
This course is designed for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, pre-licensed associates and graduate mental health students
Jeannette Harroun, LMFT, RPT is a Marriage and Family Therapist and Registered Play Therapist. She has a private practice in Lafayette, CA where she provides psychotherapy and individual consultation and supervision. Her approach to therapy is described as positive, warm and playful. She works with children, teens and parents in addressing a variety of concerns including self-regulation, self-esteem, attachment, tantrums and impulsivity, parenting/co-parenting/blended family issues, anxiety, depression, school and motivational issues, trauma, and divorce. She is currently a collaborative supervisor for the Wright Institute and has been an adjunct faculty member with the University of Phoenix and a workshop provider with John F. Kennedy University.
- Describe five benefits to providing play therapy on-line.
- Describe five challenges to providing play therapy on-line.
- Describe the difference between directed and non-directed play and understand the basic principles of each as related to provision of on-line play.
- Identify factors that indicate parents may be appropriately included in on-line play therapy.
- Identify five on-line play therapy interventions to help children express feelings and learn coping strategies
- Learn ways to set up and use on-line play interventions.
6 CEs-$25 additional charge. Sierra Institute for Contemporary Gestalt Therapy (Provider #76949) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFT’S, LCSW’S, LPCC’S AND LEP’S. SICGT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content. Growth through Play Therapy is an approved provider for the Association for Play Therapy-APT 09-241. No extra charge for APT approval. These workshops and presenter have no conflict of interest in presenting this workshop, nor is there any commercial support. Partial credit cannot be offered.
Full refund if canceled 15 days in advance minus a $50 administrative fee. After that date there will be no refund unless space is filled from the waiting list.
Contact Jeannette at 925-890-7478 or firstname.lastname@example.org