3725 Coolidge Avenue, Oakland 94602
This course is designed for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, pre-licensed associates and graduate mental health students
Familiarity with either Gestalt Therapy or Sandtray
Karen Pernet has been in practice for over 25 years, specializing in play therapy and sandtray for people of all ages. She uses her training as a Gestalt Therapist and as a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) to enhance the sandtray experience. Her trainings have been described as safe, lively, encouraging, responsive to individual needs, informative, interactive and welcoming. One participant said “Excellent experiential introduction to a Gestalt approach to play therapy.” Another said “Thanks to Karen for her wisdom and know how and obvious pleasure in this work.”
- Develop the skill of silently creating personal sandtrays to use in your play and talk therapy practice
- Describe at least 3 characteristics that Gestalt Therapy/Gestalt Play Therapy and Sandtray Therapy have in common
- List 2 characteristics of Gestalt Therapy/Gestalt Play Therapy
- Name and use 1 Gestalt Therapy/Gestalt Play Therapy technique that can be utilized in processing a sandtray.
- Explain how a sandtray can be viewed as a Gestalt/Gestalt Play Therapy experiment.
- Name 1 contra-indication for using Gestalt/Gestalt Play Therapy and sandtray
6CEs-$25 additional charge. Sierra Institute for Contemporary Gestalt Therapy (Provider #76949) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFT’S, LCSW’S, LPCC’S AND LEP’S. SICGT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content. Growth through Play Therapy is an approved provider for the Association for Play Therapy. APT 09-241 No extra charge for APT approval.
These workshops and presenter have no conflict of interest in presenting this workshop, nor is there any commercial support.
Partial credit cannot be offered.
Full refund if canceled 30 days in advance minus a $25 administrative fee. After that date there will be no refund unless space is filled from the waiting list.
Contact Karen Pernet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-923-0520